Research and scientific interests of staff members of the Air Transportation Management Department encompass current global trends in the field of transportation systems and cover the following research areas:
- Modeling and optimization of aviation systems and processes;
- Scientific basis for the effective functioning air transport system;
- Theory of probability, queuing theory and systems;
- Multimodal transportation;
- Interaction of transport modes;
- Information technology in aviation;
- Research in the field of transport accessibility of transport systems;
- Quality management in transportation;
- Automation and mechanization of transport.
The research results are published in the section "Transport technologies" of the scientific journal "Science-based Technologies" that belongs to the SAC professional publications in the “Journal of NAU, which is included in the international sciencetometrical databases such as "Scopus", etc.
The best graduate students can continue their postgraduate education at the National Aviation University.
At the Air Transportation Management Department supervision of PhD and doctoral thesis is carried out by:
Gennadiy M. Yun, Doctor of Engineering Sciences, Professor;
Petro O. Yanovskyy, PhD in Engineering Sciences, Professor;
Oleksandr D. Omelchenko, Doctor of Engineering Sciences, Professor;
Kristina V. Marintseva, Doctor of Engineering Sciences, Associate Professor;
Alla M. Novikova, Doctor of Economic Sciences, Senior Research Officer.
State Budget Topics
Since the beginning of 2016, scientific and research work №6 / 11.02.02 is performed by the Air Transportation Management Department together with the Department of Aerial Works and Services.
Title "Methods and models of effective functioning of air transport and special purpose aviation"
Deadline: 09/01/2015 - 30/06/2018
Supervisor: prof. G.M. Yun
In the period 2012-2015, the Air Transportation Management Department together with the Department of Aerial Works and Services performed state-budget scientific and research work № 00112U007297 «Problems of effective functioning of transport systems and the rational organization of air transportation, works and services."
In the period 2010-2012, the Air Transportation Management Department conducted scientific and research work №46 / 11.03.02 “Problems of efficiency enhancement of air transportation”.
The Department annually holds International scientific and practical conference "Problems of air transport and application of air transportation in industries of economy" in the end of November, which is attended not only by students, educators, but also by the alumni of the Department, experienced professionals and experts in aviation industry who share their experience and elaborations with the young generation.
The following events take place at the Department:
- a section of "Air transportation management and application of aviation in industries of economy" of the Ukrainian Research and Practical Conference of Young Scientists and Students with International Participation of "Problem and Prospects of Development of Aviation and Astronautics" every October;
- a section of the International Research and Practical Conference of Young Scientists and Students is "Polit. Modern Problems of Science" every April.
Students and young scientists present the results of their scientific performances on the above conferences.
On November 30, 2015, the III International Research and Practical Conference "Problem of air transportation management and application of aviation in industries of economy” was conducted on the base of the Air Transportation Management Department. The collective monograph with conference papers can be uploaded from the following link: http://iem.nau.edu.ua/news/i/2015/30112015/sb-trudov-conf.pdf .
On September 26, 2013, the ІІ Research and Practice Conference "Problem of organization of air transportation management and application of aviation in industries of economy" was conducted on the base of the Air Transportation Management Department. Collective monograph of conference results and works was published.